SESSION DRUMMER / BAND MEMBER / SONGWRITER / EDUCATOR
Born in Santiago, Chile, Rudy’s fascination with music began at a young age. His first experience seeing a live band was at the age of 3, a poignant moment which sparked a life long desire to play the drums. He was initially inspired by traditional Chilean music, which exposed him to various Latin rhythms. His favourite being the 6/8 rhythms of the “ Cueca,” the national dance of Chile.
At the age of 4, Rudy’s parents migrated the family to Sydney, Australia. Sydney being a multicultural city, enabled him to listen to and appreciate many more different styles of music.
Rudy would play along to records on his toy drums until he received his first semi-pro kit at age 9, a Christmas gift from his dear parents.
By the age of 12, Rudy was playing in bands with older musicians at parties and functions.
At the age of 16, Rudy began playing in wine bars and hotels and started drum lessons. He studied with some great Sydney drum teachers, most notably Colin Rea & David Jones.
Lessons and practice would continue for many years and by 21 he joined his first national touring band.
Since then, Rudy has toured and recorded with a wide variety of artists and has played in many countries around the world, including;
USA, Canada, U.K, Germany,
Rudy plays many different musical genres, including;
Rock, Pop, Funk, Latin, Blues,
Rudy has worked with:
Angry Anderson, Kevin Borich, Adam Brand, Catherine Britt, Chain, Bill Chambers, Beccy Cole, Travis Collins, Graeme Connors, Dianna Corcoran, Troy Cassar-Daley, Mal Eastick, The Adam Eckersley Band, Steve Edmonds, Phil Emmanuel, Eureka, The Flood, The Giants, Dave Gleeson, Adam Harvey, Dave Hole, Harmony James, Gina Jeffreys, Lee Kernaghan, Tania Kernaghan, Jenny Marie Lang, Amber Lawrence, The McClymonts, Jason McCoy, Doc Neeson, Sugar Ray Norcia, The Australian Symphony Orchestra, Rick Price, Melinda Schneider, Sussurro, Tice & Evans, Dennis Wilson & many others. To view the full comprehensive list, click on the above ARTIST page link.
The Royal Albert Hall - London, opening for Gary Moore, George Harrison & Albert Collins
- Recorded with 7 time Grammy Winning Producer – Jim Gaines (SRV,Santana,Miles Davis)
- Dave Hole World Tours - 1992 & 1993
- The Man From Snowy River Arena Spectacular – Australian National Tour
- The Wizards of OZ Australian Tour
- The McClymonts USA Summer Tour 2011, including 2 performances at The Grand Ole Opry
- Supports for; Chris Isaak, The Doobie Brothers, Jimmy Cliff, Johnny Johnson, George Thorogood, Edgar Winter, Canned Heat, John Farnham, Buddy Guy, Charlie Musselwhite, Sugarland & Ronnie Dunn
- Performed at Festivals Headlined by; Train, Taylor Swift, Vanessa Amarosi, Big & Rich/Gretchen Wilson, Robben Ford, Alvin Lee & Long John Baldry
- Jammed with; Louie Shelton, Tommy Emmanuel, Leo Sayer, Kasey Chambers, Don Walker, Phil Small, Alan Mansfield.
- Leverkusen Blues Festival–Germany
- Den Haag Festival–Holland
- Moondance Festival-USA
- Show Me Festival-USA
- Byron Bay Blues & Roots Festival
- Narooma Blues Festival
- The Gympie Muster
- Tamworth C.M.F
- Adelaide Clipsal 500
- CMC Rocks The Hunter
- CMC Rocks The Snowys
- Bindoon Rock Festival
- The Adelaide International Guitar Festival.
- Thredbo Blues Festival
- Blues On Broadbeach Music Festival
- The Kerrie-Anne Show
- The Footy Show
- GMA with Bert Newton
- The Today Show
- The Morning Show
- Renovation Rescue
- Studio 22
- The Golden Guitar Awards
- The Midday Show